Line of business
Accounting Term ending
- Sentan Photonics Kabushiki Kaisha
- Advanced Photonics, Inc.
- The University of Tokyo,
Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, KOL304,
Komaba 4-6-1, Meguro-ku, Tokyo, 153-8904, Japan.
- Developing, designing, manufacturing and selling high-speed, high-capacity optical circuit board
- 293 million yen
Supreme Technology Advisor/Director
Dr.Yoshiaki Nakano, Professor and Director of The University of Tokyo, Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology
President & CEO
Director & CTO
- Makoto Shigematsu
- Xueliang Song
- Foo Cheong YIT
- Takuro Wakabayashi
- AZX General Law Office http://www/azx.co.jp/
- Nakano Office of the University of Tokyo Started research of optical semiconductors, optical communications and optical interconnection.
- In April 2003, “Business Strategy for Optical Interconnection Device” proposed by Nakano Office was adopted as a Technology Incubation Program(TBI) in The University of Tokyo Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology and its commercialization efforts were started.
- Advanced Photonics, Inc. was established on March 15, 2006.
- In April 2006, University of Tokyo filed application for patent.
Licensing Agreement was concluded in Jan 2007.
- In Jan 2007, we succeeded in achieving 10 Gbps optical transmission among chips. Nikkei Business Daily took it up in the banner headline on the front page.
- In July 2007, we succeeded in achieving 80Gbps optical transmission among chips. Nikkei Business Daily reported it in its Venture Business Column.
- In October 2007, we successfully completed the second round financing from Venture capitals.
- In September 2008 we, in collaboration with Advantest Corporation, had a major publication. This outlined the successful construction of a 40Gbps per channel semiconductor test system (this is the fastest test system in its class)
- In September 2008 we had a booth and gave a seminar at the InterOpto show in Tokyo. The name of the talk was “Speeding up open innovation in a new market: Optical interconnections”.
- In April 2009 we finished our 240Gbps optical interconnect board development (supported by NEDO). This was reported in The Nikkei.
- In January of 2010 we will attend the FOE show in Tokyo as well as having a booth we will also give a seminar. This seminar will be entitled “The first successes in open innovation in application to optical components”.
- In March 2010 we completed our third round of funding.
- In June 2010 the development of a large area PCB with optical waveguides was completed and the results were subsequently reported in the Nikkei Business Daily Newspaper.